Location: Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Netsurit is one of the leading MSPs and we need more brilliant engineers! The Netsurit helpdesk is a highly coordinated, efficient environment in which a large volume of incidents are handled. The Helpdesk Specialist applies a systematic approach to reactive incidents to not only fix the issue but to ensure they never happen again. The Helpdesk Specialist is the voice of Netsurit, being the primary point of contact for users with their day to day problems and challenges. Incidents are reported by one of three ways; by phone, email, or the Netsurit agent. These incidents are tracked in a central ticketing system which, upon being triaged by the Service Coordinator, are dispatched to the Helpdesk Specialist in order of priority.
- Provide ‘Best in Class’ service and support remotely from the Netsurit offices.
- High level of communication both written and verbal which includes full ticket ownership, following up to ensure the issues are resolved in their entirety, and the end user is satisfied.
- Resolve end user problems and challenges that are assigned in the form of tickets on the helpdesk service board.
- Communicate with technical staff and escalate outstanding issues when required.
- Identify issues that cannot be resolved remotely in a quick and efficient fashion.
- Document time and notes in each ticket as the work is happening. At the end of each day, time entries will add up to total the time worked during the day.
- Perform work on servers as required to resolve user facing tickets.
- Work with and follow up with vendors & partners concerning their product and service issues.
- Use a strong attention to detail, identify opportunities for improvement in client environments.
- Take part in the on call rotation.
The Right Candidate:
- Ambition and drive to do things right the first time.
- Isn’t afraid of people. A wildly successful engineer knows the only way to really keep everything in check is to overly communicate.
- Can’t get enough knowledge. Constantly looking to learn and gain knowledge is what sets a part a true pro.
- Recognizes the “devil is in the details”. Being detail oriented isn’t enough, a meticulous approach is what differentiates a problem solver and a symptom fixer.
- Wants to make a huge impact on the IT world. Understanding that it takes a lot of hard work and true dedication to rise above the rest and become the one everyone goes to for help.
- Has a minimum of an A+ Certification, or is in progress, and is able to demonstrate that studying wasn’t done just for the shiny piece of paper.
No direct helpdesk experience necessary but experience in a customer service related position is a huge plus.
- Comfortable working as a remote engineer at a desk and not traveling around.
- Recognizes that in order to be successful, documentation is of utmost importance. Comfortable documenting time throughout the day on a granular level. When a problem with client documentation is found the focus is to fix it rather than just complain about it.
- Is able to pass a quick typing test averaging over 45 wpm. With all that typing, the hunt and peck method just doesn’t cut it.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Training, and lots of it.
- Unlimited access to online training sites such as Lynda.com and CBT Nuggets
- We pay for your certifications
- Unlimited growth potential in a fast growing company, we promote within!
- Competitive hourly rate
- Excellent health benefits, 401K, Company Zip Car Account
- 3 weeks PTO + holidays + your birthday as paid time off