Open Society Foundation for South Africa NPC
The Open Society Foundation for South Africa (OSF-SA) is a “not for profit” organisation committed to promoting the values, institutions and practices of an open, no-racial and non-sexist, democratic, civil society. We are based in Pinelands, Cape Town and have approximately 20 staff.
OSF-SA invited Netsurit in early 2016 to make a proposal as we were searching for a new I.T service provider. Based on their proposal and our interaction with members of their team we signed a 12month SLA with them effective 1 May 2016.
With their Senior Technology Advisor, Darren, Jacobs, we agreed on a short-term IT Roadmap which would address upgrading, modernising, improving out IT infrastructure. This impacted both software and hardware areas. I found Darren well informed, extremely responsive and eager to find ways to make our lives easier from an IT perspective.
The Key objectives of the Roadmap included amongst others:
- Highlighted current technology risks and challenges and provide effective remediation options.
- Assist with high-level technology costing for expected projects.
- Facilitate the prioritisation of Technology remediation.
- Identify areas of cost savings/simplification in technology/telecommunucations and allied services
- To keep OSF-SA and Netsurit “on the same page” to manage expectations and timelines.
To date Netsurit have facilitated the following projects:
- Migration to Office 365 with end-user adoption training by a professional facilitator
- Mimecast email hygiene and archiving
- Installation of sonicwall firewalls with content filtering and weekly/monthly usage reports
- New ruckus WiFi access points
- Setup new dell server
- Security assessment to identify vulnerabilities
- Implement cloud based back up system
- Present to OSF-SA staff the risks and dangers of poor IT security and advise best practice
- Upgraded all existing laptops to ensure more efficient and reliable performance
Netsurit through interactions with the team have proven in a very short time to be a responsive, caring, professional technology partner and we look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership
Finance and Operations Director.